Tuesday 11 January 2011

My Work: Start or term until now



Although the Burberry project was useful I found it made me panic slightly as it required finished samples which I felt I was not ready to deliver. The main theme for my patterns throughout my MA is ethnic inspired textiles so I decided to get back to this and looked into Indian Lattice work. I felt my textiles would benefit from another medium so decided to laser cut into my work once I had printed onto it. I found this very successful and I want to develop these samples further, I think they could work very well as screens or room dividers. I want to look into making frames to separate the textiles so that they can be layered up and you can look through and see the different levels of print and laser cutting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment